Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Introduction

Hello, my name is Josh, and this is my blog.
I am a senior in UW-Whitewater, with my major in Marketing. I am also pursuing an advertising minor. Outside of academia, I am a resident assistant in Wells East, a job which I thoroughly enjoy. Oh also, I am engaged. I will be married on October 5th 2013. And yes, I help with the wedding planning. I get asked that question frequently. My fiancé owns a Pomeranian and a cat, both of which I also really enjoy spending time with.
 In what little free time I have, I enjoy hobbies including art, playing the drums, and reading. I specifically have an affinity for horror monsters, as the best books I have ever read were Dracula, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and Frankenstein. However, my favorite fictional character of all time is hands down the werewolf. Which makes a lot of sense, considering the wolf is my favorite animal. Additionally, I don’t just enjoy art in the traditional sense. Aside from drawing, I also think it is insanely fun to come up with creative ways to fix broken things, or up-cycle ( I guess that’s the term?) things that no longer work as originally intended. My current project is to fix my shoes, they have this MASSIVE gash in them (I mean like the mother-of-all gashes) And I am trying to find a way to sew through leather/make a patch or put something on the inside of the shoe? Any suggestions and I will appreciate it. I tried epoxy. This was a bit of a digression.
If you couldn’t tell by now, I would mostly describe myself as a geek. I am an avid reader of comics, I am a huge fan of anything sci-fi, horror, fantasy etc. and more recently have gotten into playing Magic the Gathering. Of course my deck is all werewolves. I enjoy outdoors activities, such as hiking, camping, and just being outdoors and looking at the environment. I really like animals as well, and never pass up the chance to pet one if I see it. I used this interest of mine to a practical use when I had to remove a bat from a resident’s room last year by using a bag.  I absolutely love movies and the entire film industry in general. Not surprisingly, this last year was a good year at theaters for me, since I got to see The Avengers, my new favorite movie, as well as the aptly named Amazing Spider-Man. Also please don’t ask me if I saw The Hobbit. I wanted to, but my schedule was busy, and then my fiancĂ© saw it twice (she is a huge lord of the rings fan) so I haven’t had the chance, and it makes me sooooo sad. But such is life, and I shall see it, and its beautiful wargs (seeing a pattern here) soon.
I am very social, but I don’t always seem that way in large groups (ten or more, if you need a baseline). They tend to freak me out. But, if you see me and there aren’t hordes of people bearing down on me, I am friendly and would love to talk about anything. Even sports. Which I am bad at. A word of caution though, if you talk about my interests, I might accidentally monopolize the conversation, not because I want to, but I get overly excited. So, just tell me to shut up and I won’t be offended. So stop by and say hello. Or whatever. J

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment